Saturday, July 16, 2011

Self Publishing - Cleopatra's Secret: Keepers of the Light


When my first novel, Moonlight On Diamonds, received an offer for publication from The Wild Rose Press, I was thrilled and went on to have a great experience with my publisher. 
            But the curiosity is killing me.  So I'm taking the leap into self publishing with my new historical fantasy romance, Cleopatra's Secret: Keepers of the Light. 
            The allure of total control over my product was the first enticement.  As a natural-born control freak, I love knowing I have final say over my cover, distribution and release schedule. 
            I also like the idea that I can price my book at $1.99 and make it accessible to lots and lots of readers, because, let's face it, we're still in a recession. 
            I agonized over the whole, Kindle vs. Smashwords vs. Nook thing.  To DRM or not to DRM?  At the end of the day, I decided to go with Kindle, Smashwords and Nook and just let go of the whole DRM debate.  If people are going to pirate your book, they're going to pirate your book.  C'est la guerre!  At $1.99, I hope most people will choose to buy it.
            Cleopatra's Secret: Keepers of the Light comes out in August.  So stay tuned for more on the upcoming release!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats, Lydia! I can't wait to read it. What a gorgeous and intriguing cover...bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cover. Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penelope and Marleen, thank you both! I'm glad the cover's working - we agonized over it. :)

    ReplyDelete